Commissionaires BC - Security Officer (Reserve Division)
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Canadian Corps of Commissionaires
Security Services and Related
• Provide superior customer service to clients and general public
• Conduct security patrols of assigned buildings and provide access control
• Proactively respond and resolve emergency situations and conflicts
• Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures
• Clearly write daily logs and reports of all incidents.
• Effectively communication problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor
• Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of and perform all duties with high safety standards
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• To be successful you must have resided in Canada for the last five years and not been out of the country for more than six months at a time in order to complete required security clearances.
• Have demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public
• Hold a valid BC Security License and Occupational First Aid Level 1 or be willing to complete training and testing
• Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills
• Positive attitude with professional demeanour and strong interpersonal/customer service skills
• Excellent attention to detail to fulfill job duties and incident report writing
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner
• Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations
• Willingness to work shifts ranging from 8 hours to 12 hours, rotating days, afternoons and nights as required by client site
• Physically fit and able to stand for long periods and able to work in a range of weather conditions throughout shift including working indoors and outdoors
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience working with computers plus other office equipment such as fax and photocopiers preferred
• Minimum 19 years of age, High School diploma, good physical health
• Valid BC Driver's license is an asset
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please submit your resume and complete our online application at http://commissionaires.bc.ca/jobs-5/security-officer-reserve-division/
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who to contact about the job : Shannon
Apply at this URL : http://commissionaires.bc.ca/jobs-5/security-officer-reserve-division/